Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Moda Block Heads Block 2

 Block 2 and a couple other projects on the go.

This weeks block was given by Jenelle Kent of Pieces to Treasure. Here are my Cooee blocks.


Once again I did both sizes and I think I will be able to continue to do so throughout this sew along.

Here is my Hip To Be Square project. I love the way Jackie Kunkel of Canton Village Quilt Works uses the bold vibrant colors with the black and white  prints. There are a couple more patterns in her book that I will be doing after this one.


As my Leader and Ender project I am working on Ocra Bay by Bonnie K Hunter. These little quarter square triangles, or hour glass blocks are perfect for fitting in at the beginning and ending of my piecing. It is amazing how quickly I am zooming through these little guys.


I found Bonnie Hunter shortly after deciding to learn to quilt. Her yearly mysteries have taught me many techniques and her Quiltcam, is perfect to have on while sewing or cleaning. She invites you into her home, her quilt studio while she sews. She will answer questions and show off pictures what other quilters send her through email while she is live. This isn't a class but she is always giving little hints that help. She unfortunately can not do the quilt cams on a regular basis any longer. Her move to the mountains took her away from good internet service and the connection just isn't string enough anymore. This doesn't stop me from going back and watching the MANY episodes that she has on her YouTube channel and blog though. She is funny and caring and SO very encouraging.

On top of these fun exciting projects, on the cold nights I have been binding. I can't wait for this one to be finished so I can get a good picture of it.


Tomorrow Block 3 is released for BH 4 and I am picking up my Easy Street Quilt from the Long Armer. I have the binding for that one cut, sewn and ready to attach. I need to take some time out of quilting and get a few labels done to I can get these completely finished.






No comments:

Post a Comment