Sunday, March 27, 2022

 Now that I have found my Blog again, I had better start updating it. 

This morning I went through some links, deleted the ones that were no longer relevant and added in my Quilting interests. I added a couple blogs and  I will add more as time goes on.

 I added some amazing CANADIAN online quilt/fabric stores. There are some wonderful online stores in the U.S. but the shipping to Canada is completely outrageous! So, just incase anyone ever reads my blog and is looking to support Canadian, I hope these links lead you to some fun shopping.

I still do my best to support my favourite pattern designers from around the world by going to their stores and purchasing their digital downloadable patterns. I think this is important as they have put the work into designing the pattern, creating a finished product to test their idea, and they spend hours writing the pattern in a way that is easy for us to follow. Some designers even provide multiple methods to achieve a certain block unit. By purchasing directly from them, they get more of the proceeds from that purchase.

Now, to add some visual interest to this update blog post, I will add one of the quilts I finished before Christmas. This one was for me and I used the Tula Pink flannel collection called Holiday Homies with a few added pieces to get the quantity of fat quarters needed. This is a  Gudrun Elra pattern called Teen Spirit. This was fun and easy to put together. and with Flannel backing, it is SO warm on our cold winter Canadian Winter days.



No comments:

Post a Comment