Thursday, November 19, 2009

Assignment 1 Values and goals

Here are the Values I am going to focus on and the goals I have to keep with them this Holiday season.

Giving: Every year we donate to at least 2 families through the boy's school. Each class sponsors 1 or 2 family from within the community that are struggling. I think this year there will be a few more families then in the past that could use some help. We donate toys, personal and food items.
We also give each of the boys money to buy a new toy to add to the town toy drive. I feel it is very important to teach my boys that we are very lucky to have what we do and that there are families out there who are struggling to make ends meet and that we can help anonymously so that the parents can focus on food and the health of their families and get a little help with the material things.

Family: Getting together with family is always important but Christmas is usually the only time that we can get the whole family together in one place. I must say that I am VERY proud of Kevin's parents. They separated a few years ago but have maintained a friendship. And every year we still ALL get together to celebrate Christmas as a family. We are also lucky because we celebrate with Kevin's family early. they understand there their children are grown with families of their own and in laws to celebrate with too.
Me being an only child and only living a 5 minute walk from my parents, am very lucky and get to spend a lot of time with them. We get to spend Christmas day with my family. In the morning they come and watch the boys open their gifts then we go to their place for dinner.

Tradition: I feel it is important to keep the traditions we have set and to add another one or two to the mix. I will have a seperate post about our traditions soon.

Wonder: I want to keep the curiosity and wonder going for as long as I can for the boys. SO this will mean a trip to see Santa and many stories being read.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lori I loved reading this, it's so wonderful what you do for the families in the kids school, and that they buy a toy for the toy drive. I know what you mean about spending Christmas with the family. I can't wait to read about your traditions. Glad you blogged again.

    ReplyDelete